Skip to main content

THE DASH IN BETWEEN THE DATE OF BIRTH AND THE DATE OF DEATH.



I vividly remember the time I first heard the speech titled “THE DASH IN BETWEEN THE DATE OF BIRTH AND THE DATE OF DEATH”.  I was still a boy in 10th grade and I was in a youth science Boot camp ( STEM)  with other young innovators. The workshop was almost over so as you can imagine, my teammates and I were a little anxious to leave, we lost focus and concentration. My instructor, Dr Lwidiko huddled us up at the lecture hall and told us to take seats. There was a moment of silence and jumpy faces that lasted for a minute in the lecture hall.
 
It was unusual for the instructor to read a speech with such a literal title at the camp. He began reading to us his speech, and I was listening very closely to each sentence. The words struck deep down in my heart. I could feel what he wrote communicating with my instincts. I was changed by that speech with much enthusiasm; my attitude and philosophy would never be the same again.  "People may forget your date of birth and death, but they will never forget your dash”, he commented. The dash represents people’s lives, what they did in their lifetime and what legacy they left for the next generation. Elon Musk the co-founder of space X once said: “Giant minds can innovate, can invent and can make the world a better place”. With a deep sense of gratitude marked the end of his speech with such an outstanding inspirational tone.
 
I wasn’t exactly sure how to name this next part of my dash, but I think a good name for it is through Innovation. I have always had an enthusiastic and resilient approach to create a simple system that will prevent academic cheating through mobile phones in schools. This marked the birth of “Automatic Phone Detector Traffic for malpractice and leakage of Examination In Schools”.
 
Academic cheating mostly through mobile phones has now become a cankerworm problem of Tanzanian Education system where it has issued some of the graduates who have obtained certificates with no value than a piece of paper due to malpractice inside the Examination halls.
 
This Automatic Phone Detector works hand in hand with a short SMS alert system and an automatically triggered phone call to Admin’s phone, Mobile Applications and Computer software. The device senses the presence of all incoming and outgoing mobile calls, SMS, video transmission and Mobile Data even if the phone is in silence mode. When the transmission of mobile signals are detected, LED’S blinks with fading light in a device and simultaneously a short SMS and beep notification occur on Admin’s phone to alert that a phone has been detected. Upon many users (students), the system will automatically be triggered to make a call to Admin’s phone (Headmaster) and also the system can provide the location of the detected mobile phone signals through the mobile apps and short alert message systems. This Invention is not a huge chunk of my dash, it is something that makes other people’s dashes better too.
 
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today”. As a young scientist, I am looking forward to fulfilling my dreams. Studying Computer Science in Artificial Intelligence in Canada was a dream come true because the Technology behind Artificial Intelligence and Deep Machine learning is Intriguing and arguably one of the most rapidly growing and exciting field of technological development of our generation with the far-reaching potential to transform heavily regulated industries such as the “Financial Services, Trading Industries, Health care and Life Science industries” and solve present-day problems around us. Working in a space agency is something I’m looking forward to accomplishing. I want to make sure I continue filling my dash. My dash is something that I hold close to my heart because I know that as long as I put forth my best effort in whatever I am doing, the dash will take-off itself.....( Boris Massesa).




Comments

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you for telling us about the dash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that is so awesome, keep it up broh

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of the best inspirational stories I have ever read. I'm really inspired ...Keep up with the good Job Elon Musk From Tanzania 🇹🇿

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got inspired so much
    May God bless your efforts in fulfilling your purpose dear one.
    ��������������������������������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"WHERE I AM FROM "

I am  from a wooden bed, From cornmeal porridge and a bar of soap for washing clothes. I am from the noisy and yet calm atmosphere, ( blue, extremely cold and its people use charcoal to warm “them” bodies). I am from big mango trees, cocoa trees,  and sweet-smelling flowers which disturb the noise each time I pass-by. I am from the land of dreamers and believers, From Ponziano, Nicolaus, Salome, Judith,  and the noisy boy Innocent. I am from the “ work hard child! “ and “ Keep God first”, From “ Elimu ni mkombozi “  and “don’t fight again, or I will tell your dad!”. I am from Kambasegera, Rungwe, where “mbalaga”  and milk make every child happy! From a very smart grandpa who was a “ self-made” lawyer  and no case would proceed in his absence, From two brothers born on the same day, date, and month but different years! I am from the “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”  and merry Christmas, From “bring all fami