Skip to main content

A glimmer of hope





Today I woke up and thought I should write to you, my friend.

It’s been a crazy year for me, and it’s just August. Can you imagine?

I hope things are pretty well over there ( won’t be surprised if they ain’t, I’ve been through the same circle lately).

 

But hey, let’s get to business.

You know I was thinking about us like honestly, I missed you.

I don’t know what to do: I’m stuck between faith and hope, letting go and holding on, pushing people away and keeping them close. 

It’s just a lot to process.

My brain is small and I wonder how all these thoughts fit in.


I’ve thought for sometimes,

I realised I need God, not because I didn’t have him, but because I was far from him.

Don’t tell me the same story? ( Again, I won’t be surprised cause things ain’t what they used to be)

Forget about that, my point here is to remind you, well and remind myself that tomorrow will be better than today.

As I write to you, thoughts keep running in my head.

And I think I will choose both: faith and hope, letting go and holding on, pushing people away and keeping them close.


And hey, we are all sinners, let’s not forget to die better than that.

Keep me in your prayers, while I do the same.

There is a glimmer of hope for both of us, always.


Yours,

2021







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DASH IN BETWEEN THE DATE OF BIRTH AND THE DATE OF DEATH.

I vividly remember the time I first heard the speech titled “THE DASH IN BETWEEN THE DATE OF BIRTH AND THE DATE OF DEATH”.  I was still a boy in 10th grade and I was in a youth science Boot camp ( STEM)  with other young innovators. The workshop was almost over so as you can imagine, my teammates and I were a little anxious to leave, we lost focus and concentration. My instructor, Dr Lwidiko huddled us up at the lecture hall and told us to take seats. There was a moment of silence and jumpy faces that lasted for a minute in the lecture hall.   It was unusual for the instructor to read a speech with such a literal title at the camp. He began reading to us his speech, and I was listening very closely to each sentence. The words struck deep down in my heart. I could feel what he wrote communicating with my instincts. I was changed by that speech with much enthusiasm; my attitude and philosophy would never be the same again.  "People may forget your date of birth and death, but

"WHERE I AM FROM "

I am  from a wooden bed, From cornmeal porridge and a bar of soap for washing clothes. I am from the noisy and yet calm atmosphere, ( blue, extremely cold and its people use charcoal to warm “them” bodies). I am from big mango trees, cocoa trees,  and sweet-smelling flowers which disturb the noise each time I pass-by. I am from the land of dreamers and believers, From Ponziano, Nicolaus, Salome, Judith,  and the noisy boy Innocent. I am from the “ work hard child! “ and “ Keep God first”, From “ Elimu ni mkombozi “  and “don’t fight again, or I will tell your dad!”. I am from Kambasegera, Rungwe, where “mbalaga”  and milk make every child happy! From a very smart grandpa who was a “ self-made” lawyer  and no case would proceed in his absence, From two brothers born on the same day, date, and month but different years! I am from the “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”  and merry Christmas, From “bring all fami